Warren & Emily Swan → Trips → 2017 Florida Everglades
See the 1985 Florida Everglades Trip for a general discussion of these periodic-but-irregular Everglades trips.
Interesting items about this trip were:
- This was definitely not a snow bird trip, since we left in 65°F weather!
- We spent time with Heidi and the grand kids near Atlanta before heading south.
- We spent a night at Warren’s dad and step-mom’s in northern Florida before
- Spent about 6 nights / 5 days in Everglades National Park doing the usual things, including
a lot of hiking and a day trip to Key West.
- After leaving Everglades NP, we visited Emily’s mother’s cousin for a couple of
- On the way back north we spent another night with “Dad” and Lynn.
Franklin and Lynn Swan, Warren and Emily Swan at a Texas Roadhouse
- We spent even more time with Heidi and the grand kids before heading home.
Heidi, Henry and Adelle at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder, Georgia
- Whilst there, Daniel was able to come down from North Carolina and stay a couple of days
in our camper at Josh and Heidi’s.
He and Warren did some shooting at a local gun range.
- This was the first Everglades trip where we had none of our children with us during our
stay at Everglades National Park.
And the first time for Warren that he stayed there without being with either siblings, parents,
nor children (since 1970!).
visited 6 states (12%)
Create your own visited map of The United States