Warren & Emily Swan → Trips → 2008 Glacier National
The highlights of this trip were:
- A tour of Harold Warp’s Pioneer Village in Minden, Nebraska
- A visit to the Pony Express Station in Gothenburg, Nebraska
- Driving through the scenic Grand Teton National Park
- White water rafting on the Snake River near Jackson, Wyoming:
- A visit to Bannack, Montana — a ghost town and state park!
- A visit to Elkhorn, Montana — a ghost town that is coming back alive:
- Glacier National Park in Montana, including
- A hike to Redrock Falls
- Seeing 5 moose and a bear
- Logan Pass and Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Hiking the Trail of the Cedars at Avalanche Creek
- Viewing Sunrift Gorge
- Touring the Little Bighorn Battlefield in Montana
- A hike around Devil’s Tower in Wyoming:
- A drive through Spearfish Caņon in South Dakota
- Including the side trip and hike to Roughlock Falls
- Appreciation of historic Scotts Bluff and Chimney Rock on the old Oregon Trail in Nebraska:
- Learning of the past at the High Plains Museum of McCook, Kansas
- A visit to the Geographical Center of the Continental United States near Lebanon, Kansas
- Spotting the World’s Largest Ball of Sisal Twine at Cawker City, Kansas
There were a lot of sites in common between this trip and the one 20 years earlier.
However, back then we only had Olive (who has moved out on her own now) and Heidi.
Since then we’ve had Daniel (who had to stay home and work this time), and Amy; and this
trip was with Heidi and Amy, rather than Olive and Heidi.
Heidi was a baby back in 1988; so, of course, she did not remember anything at all from that
visited 7 states (14%)
Create your own visited map of The United States